Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oak Sentry 18x36 - sold

  I spotted this great oak tree several years ago in the mountains near my home and it stuck in my head.  When I finally decided to paint it, I began in the studio using a small pencil sketch and memory. Then, as I often do with larger studio paintings, I returned to the spot when the painting was about 3/4 done to make adjustments. To my suprise, the old tree had fallen down and was all but gone.  This was disappointing but it fueled my desire to do it justice.  I put in a mule deer to add some interest and provide some scale.
My Website

1 comment:

  1. Hi George,

    I would like to ask permission to use the Oak Sentry picture as the background on a Facebook page I am creating. I am not planning to use the site for commerce at this time, and if that changed I would be willing pay for it's use.

    Kind Regards,

    Kevin Farrar

    ReplyDelete